- 12 quail breasts, cut in strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
Mix in a medium bowl the quail strips, with garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Put this mix into a skillet with a tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat, cook until brown. Remove the quail meat, and set aside.
In the same skillet, where the quail was cooked, add a tablespoon vegetable oil, and then mix in the red onion and bell peppers. Stir the quail mix occasionally. Cook until tender.
Serve vegetables and quail breast strips in warm tortillas, topping with guacamole, if desired.